Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Blogophobia

Hello, I'm back. Again.

It took awhile to blow the cyber dust off, but I finally found my lost blog. And when I did, I was shocked to see how much time had gone by since I last typed a single bit of Blogdrivel - random nonsense on a blog of no particular category. (Yes I made that up.)

Blogophobia is to blame. This condition is caused by the spectacular feedback provided by Blogger, in the form of fancy line graphs, juicy pie charts, dazzling world maps and other useless techno information on blog viewing.  (yup. you guessed it, I made the phobia up too...)

At first, this is information is very exciting stuff! "WOW! Someone who is not my mom and her friends read my blog!" was my first thought. However, like a good sugar buzz, after a while this wears off and you realize that people are actually reading your blog. Your words. Your thoughts. Everything you are putting out there. Some of them are even people you KNOW. And it intimidated the crap out of me. And I stopped writing. Worse than writers block is writerphobe. Paralyzing inability to write my thoughts because someone might read it. It's funny that I even blog at all, given that I am one of those people who unless I had chains wrapped around it and explosives duct taped to it, am unable to keep a journal or diary. Issues maybe? Topic for another day.

Does that make any sense? No. But if you know me, or have read an entry or two, than you know that is how I am. I am random and also the great starter of many things,  and finisher of few. However, I do circle back sometimes and when the time is right, whether due to circumstance or bravery, I give it another try. (Some call that motherhood too.)

So here I am. I am not promising you profound words of wisdom. I have no funny doodles, political rants or amazing photographs today. Just me cautiously dipping my toe back into the blogpool. One entry at a time, when the time is right on my terms, not Blogging 101. I am going to try not to look at the stats this time and freak myself out. I am going to try and find my voice here, whatever it is about, and if people don't like it, so be it, escape is still only a click away. And that my friends, is the beauty of a blog.



                          P.S. Well, I didn't say I wouldn't add any ART :)
                             As they say at www.bravegirlsclub.com,
                                I am going to sing my bravest song!


1 comment:

Lorelei said...

I definitely can relate to blogophobia! I'm trying to get working on mine again now. Mine's a different type of specialized blog. In other words hardly any people would want to read it. Count yourself lucky if you mom and relatives read it--mine don't read mine--ha! Just other people with the same stupid interest...

Creative Commons License
blog with art and photography by Joelle Broughton is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Based on a work at painter-chic.blogspot.com.
Permissions beyond the scope of this license may be available at JBroughton01@yahoo.com.